System Overview of the Pet Containment System by Dog Guard®
Affordable & Safe Dog Fencing
Dog Guard® Out-of-Sight Fencing is an affordable and safe alternative to conventional pet fencing.
Using a combination of state-of-the art electronics and veterinarian-approved professional dog training techniques, we will safely provide training for your dog(s), from puppies to hunting dogs, so it will learn where it can and cannot roam in your yard or in your house.
Yes that's right, we have indoor systems as well!
Reliable products. Guaranteed service. That’s the Dog Guard promise.
Wisconsin Fence & Pet Supply has no doubt that our dog training products and services are the absolute best on the market. Our transmitters and receivers are so reliable and well made, that we offer a lifetime warranty on the equipment.
We want you to feel secure and that you have chosen the best pet containment product and service possible. That’s why Dog Guard provides a 30-day unconditional money back guarantee, valid from the purchase date of your equipment.
How a Dog Guard® Out-of-Sight Fencing System Works
- A buried signal wire (indicated by the white dashed line to the right) defines the boundary(s) of your pet containment area(s)
- Boundary flags planted within the perimeter of the signal wire give your pet a visual cue of their boundaries.
- As you familiarize your leashed pet with the containment area boundaries during the initial training, you'll be taught to use pet-friendly verbal commands to help you pet learn how to avoid the boundary flags and perimeter.
- When your system is activated, your pet will receive your choice of an audio signal or a mild correction stimulus as a warning that they are entering the reminder zone (in yellow), 3 to 6 feet from the boundary.
- If your continues beyond the reminder zone - and into the red correction zone - they'll receive a stronger correction stimulus of your choosing.
A Complete Dog Guard® Underground Fence System typically includes:
- 1 Dog Guard® 7K transmitter (more
about our transmitters)
Used to transmit the radio frequency to and throughout the buried signal wire used to define the boundaries of your property. Also controls the depth of the correction zone, (the signal field or distance from the wire before a reminder or correction stimulus is used).
- 1 DG9XT, DG5000 or DG Micro receiver with nylon dog
training collar (see our
Worn by your pet and used to produce a tone or correction stimulus when they enter the reminder or correction zones (i.e., the signal field).
- 1 Dog Guard® Lightning Protection Unit
Automatically disconnects the transmitter in case of AC power surges and lightning.
- Matching chew protectors
Used to protect the receiver from damage by your pet.
- 500 feet of signal/boundary wire
Carries the signal from the transmitter that defines the areas your pet can and cannot go, but does NOT carry any current of any kind*.
- 50 boundary flags
Used during training to help your pet visually recognize where they can and cannot go.
- Extra Probes
Probes are nickel plated brass (available in various sizes and shapes) used by your Dog Guard dealer to assemble and configure your receiver for optimum contact and efficiency.
To ensure their reliability and performance, Dog Guard batteries are specially welded together. Unlike our competitors' multiple cell batteries which run the risk of breaking contact, Dog Guard batteries maintain 100% connection. Sign up for our optional Battery Plan, and help insure the safety of your pet while avoiding the chance of receiver problems stemming from battery failure!
- 6 burial splices
- Consistent assistance - If you have any further questions about our wireless or electric dog fence* please send us your questions and comments directly.
All Dog Guard® Products are
Made in the U.S.A!!
Call 920-960-1973 or contact us today.